Thursday, January 19, 2017

Introduction

    Hi everybody! For those who don't know me, my name is Cameron James Smith; I am 17 years of age. My hobbies/interests include Blues music, American history, literature, film, and writing. What I am trying to accomplish with this blog is connect with others of similar interests to mine and have an outlet for my emotions, observations, and musical knowledge. More on that last one, I'll be sharing my transcriptions of my favorite Blues songs, stories/research of my favorite artists, and other musical concepts/ideas. I may not blog too often, but I believe that I have some things to offer and can provide/trade knowledge with my friends and others who share my interests. Wish me luck, and watch out for future posts! :)

Here are some photos and YouTube links to give you a sense of who I am:

My eight-year-old self "playing" an Austin classical guitar

Playing harmonica with Marylou Ferrante (do I have to say "left?") at the Knights of Columbus

Backyard sunrise!

Eddie James "Son" House: One of my biggest musical influences!

Me and my two favorite things: the guitar and the outdoors.

Some of my favorite songs/styles:
Charley Patton - Spoonful Blues
Henry Thomas - Bull Doze Blues (original "Going Up the Country!")
Cannon's Jug Stompers - Minglewood Blues
Memphis Jug Band - On the Road Again
Willie Brown - Future Blues
Kid Bailey - Rowdy Blues
Deford Bailey - John Henry
Skip James - Illinois Blues
Blind Willie McTell - Statesboro Blues
Blind Willie Johnson - Dark Was the Night (Cold Was the Ground)
Tommy Johnson - Canned Heat Blues
I can go on...

5 comments:

  1. Keep this up bud. Watch out for mine in the coming months too.. ;) --- Ben W :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done I'll be watching, you need a blog you have so much to contribute Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete